Organic Trevarno was originally established in 1998 on the beautiful Trevarno country estate in the South of Cornwall where Trevarno’s celebrated gardens were a constant source of inspiration for our honest and simple skincare collection. Traditional soap making, a long established craft that’s often found on privately owned estates, is where it all started and with its popularity and success, the range soon expanded into skincare as well.
In 2012 the estate gardens were sold and so closed to the public, at which point Organic Trevarno re-located to another part of the original estate, thereby maintaining our strong links with the area. Our current home at Trevarno Farm is where all of our formulations are designed and made by hand by our small but dedicated team.
At Organic Trevarno we are proud to be the first beauty company to meet The Organic Farmers & Growers strict standards to gain formal Organic Certification. This official recognition with Britain’s longest established organic certifying body guarantees the purity of the Organic Trevarno range and assures customers that products are both ethical and sustainable. With organic certification being the only way to ensure that products are as pure and natural as possible, we work hard in sourcing the highest quality, socially just and ecologically responsible suppliers of ingredients for our skincare range.
Offering an extensive range of high-performance skincare, we remain competitively priced which means that customers no longer need to sacrifice or compromise luxury, style or affordability in choosing the natural skincare option.
Certified Organic Skincare
There is no legal requirement for natural skincare products to be certified as organic. However, having them assessed by a recognised, trusted and independent third-party is an important selling point which brings confidence to our customers. All of our organic skincare products are officially certified by Organic Farmers & Growers Ltd (OF&G) where their expertise in organic inspection and licensing is based on the EU Organic Regulation (EC834/2007) and the Nordic Eco-labelling Standards. All of Organic Trevarno’s formulations contain a minimum of 95% organic ingredients, all traceable to source. We support sustainable farming practices and continually seek out the best organic ingredients to produce naturally high performance products without the use of parabens, detergents, phthalates, synthetic fragrance oils or artificial colours.
Quite simply we think it’s better for us, our families & the environment.
Over the last 10 years just think about how we have changed the way we live and spend – we recycle, use unleaded fuel & energy saving light bulbs, stopped using plastic bags, become more conscious of our individual “carbon footprint” and generally tried to be more “green”.
As we now care about what is happening around us, we also think more about what we are consuming ourselves & taking into our bodies, and this has fuelled the growth in the organic movement.
Awareness of environmental and water pollution created by poisons & pesticides often used in farming has created a demand for organic food, now widely available & increasingly understood. By buying organic, we are also promoting more ecological farming practices that encourage the protection of the environment.
We know it’s time to re-think what we are putting on our skin each day.
Our Standards – Cosmetic Regulations
Current European cosmetic legislation – (EU Cosmetics Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009) – requires that all formulations are certified safe by a practising chemist or pharmacist who is registered to act in the capacity as a Qualified Person. All products must display a full list of ingredients, the product weight or volume and sufficient information for the product to be traced back to the company who made it. In addition, since July 2013 all cosmetic brands have a responsibility to notify their products onto the European Cosmetics Portal (CPNP).
All Organic Trevarno formulations and labelling comply with this legislation.
Trading Standards – Primary Authority Partnership
Primary Authority is a national scheme where businesses can enter a legal partnership with a local authority of their choice. This partnership is recognised by all other local authorities in relation to regulatory compliance & provides assured and tailored advice through a single point of contact.
Since 2018, Organic Trevarno have formed a Primary Authority Partnership with Cornwall Council Trading Standards giving the company direct access to a range of regulatory disciplines including:
- Product Safety
- Fair Trade
- Heath & Safety
- Weights & Measures
- Trading Standards
No Animal Testing
In line with many other people, Organic Trevarno, believe that animal testing is cruel, inhumane and in this day and age unnecessary. Whilst worldwide it is a sad fact that animals are still being subjected to cruel and unnecessary tests, you can be assured that Organic Trevarno DO NOT use animal derivatives in any of our products and OUR PRODUCTS ARE NOT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TESTED ON ANIMALS.
We have developed a comprehensive range of organic products to create focused collections for your family and your home.
- For Face, Hands & Body – products made with the highest quality organic ingredients using luxurious and irresistible scent combinations that are designed to be loved and used every day.
- For Men – products created and refined especially for the needs of male skin with wonderfully uplifting and distinctly masculine scents.
- For Extra Care – pure but powerful, our range of organic balms each focus on treating troubled and sensitive skin without causing irritation.
- For Your Home – beautifully scented room mists, delicately fragranced linen waters along with indulgent and irresistible hand washes designed to create a luxurious ambience in your home.
- For Your Wedding – organic favours made in miniature to add an individual touch to your wedding.
- Organic Spa Collection – our spa collection is at the heart of the Organic Trevarno product range which has been refined to encompass the essential salon requirements. Bespoke branding is also available allowing businesses to create a range tailored to their signature treatments and brand.
- Organic and Natural Guest Toiletries – luxury guest toiletries include travel-sized soaps, shower gel, shampoo, bath salts & hand and body lotion to suit all establishments from small B&B’s to larger boutique hotels and high-end self-catered properties. We also offer a bespoke own label service allowing trade customers to create a unique product range with individual packaging that supports their brand image.
Our celebrated range of organic and natural soaps, are made using the traditional cold process method with luxurious oils and butters all sustainably sourced. A combination of olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter are blended with herbs and pure essential oils. Our soaps are palm oil free, do not contain animal fats and are all vegetarian with most being vegan also.